Main Areas of Responsibility:
The Community Engagement Officer will provide valuable loan assistance, networking opportunities, and financial literacy training to specific communities in New Mexico. Initially the focus will be on Native entrepreneurs on- and off- reservation in New Mexico. The role is focused on developing relationships with tribal governments, key municipalities, and other Native organizations.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
• Serve as an Accion ambassador in the community;
• Support Accion’s strong relationship-based culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge;
• Develop referral relationships with community partners such as banks, local chambers and small business development centers;
• Develop and maintain a pipeline of loan new loan applicants; and
• Structure and close loans based on monthly goals.
• Must have a passion for increasing economic opportunity and access to capital;
• Experienced at building community, developing relationships, and identifying needs;
• Excellent execution skills for closing loans and providing outstanding customer service;
• One to three years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree are required; and
• Proficiency in a Native language is preferred.