Main Areas of Responsibility:
• Work with SWOP youth to identify, develop and implement youth rights campaigns.
• Work with SWOP staff to develop and implement summer (YES!) program: train youth in community organizing, host summer convening, and supervise youth interns working on Youth Campaign during internship.
• Oversee youth membership development program including ongoing political education and leadership development program
• Assist youth interns in developing work plans, schedule and systems of accountability.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
1. Ensure all activities are carried out in line with SWOP Mission Statement and with the involvement of membership.
2. Work with the membership and staff to develop and implement strategic plans for campaigns, program efforts, and organizational and leadership development.
3. Involvement in overall SWOP campaigns and program efforts.
4. Work to conduct regular system of reporting back to membership and incorporating membership into campaigns.
5. Assist in fundraising efforts of the organization
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
1. English literacy. Bilingual is preferred but not required.
2. Good communication skills.
3. Computer literacy and social media knowledge.
4. Experience with facilitation and public speaking.
5. Experience working with youth and/or community organizing work.
6. Reliable transportation with insurance.
7. Ability to travel out of state and throughout state to achieve specific goals.
8. Ability to work flexible hours including evening and weekends.