The following is an excerpt taken from the Mindful Fundraising Resource Guide & Workbook.
Remember, the first question you are likely to be asked about your organization is: What is the mission statement? The website Nonprofit Hub identifies “The 3 Pivotal Elements of a Great Mission Statement” as:
- Our cause (who we serve, and what matters)
- Our actions (what we are doing)
- Our impact (visible results and changes)
In Social Entrepreneurship: A Modern Approach to Social Value Creation Arthur C. Brooks recommends that your mission statement should address the following questions:
- Why have an organization?
- What is the added value? (I always ask my clients, “Is the organization addressing an essential community need, or is this simply someone’s passion or hobby?”)
- What problem or need is the organization trying to address?
To read all the questions, check out the Mindful Fundraising Resource Guide & Workbook.
To see more articles, check out the blog.
For more information on Three Stones Consulting, see our listing in the Consultants Directory.