Digital + Traditional Methods = Success.
When you operate a nonprofit organization, it isn’t just your employees and volunteers who count on you to lead them to success. People in need are relying on you to fulfill your mission, and you can’t afford to let them down. That’s why organizing successful fundraising events is crucial.
No matter how well-planned your event is, it needs strong attendance. Creating awareness and buzz about your event is just as important as every other aspect of planning it, if not more.
Creating awareness about your event has become easier than ever, thanks to the internet and social media. Traditional marketing and outreach still have a significant role to play in spreading the word tp your supporters and beyond.
Whether you use traditional marketing or digital marketing, you should begin by making the effort to know your target audience. After this step, you should craft your message to appeal to those demographics.
If your event is an annual occurrence, you can leverage photos and videos from previous events to build buzz for this year’s soiree. It’s also a good idea to reconnect with contacts from previous events, as you can send alerts and reminders that this year’s event is coming up soon.
How To Raise Awareness For Your Charity Event
• Identify your target demographic and craft a message that appeals to that demographic.
• Create a hashtag on social media and share posts from others who use it.
• Send alerts to your attendees from last year’s event, if you had one.
• Invest in SEO for your event’s webpage.
• Be sure you have high-quality photos and videos from previous events to share on social media.
• Carefully select partners and influencers who align with your intended audience.
• Don’t forget about traditional marketing techniques, but make sure they align with your social media strategies as well.
• Create relationships with potential attendees at other events and on social media.
• Include an element of mystery to your messaging to create intrigue and inspire people to learn more about the event.
Creating awareness for your charity event is crucial for its success. A combination of digital and traditional methods can deliver the strongest results, so you’ll need to be organized and coordinated to make them work. Use the checklist of best strategies above for raising awareness about your charity event.