Communications & Marketing
Reason #4: Changing for the Wrong Reasons What are the deep motivations driving you? What is at the very heart of your work? Sometimes I ask my clients...
It's a Free For All! While nonprofits are able to fit email into their IT budgets because free enterprise-class email is readily available, what is...
Need help with your communications or marketing beyond the resources available here? Find a local consultant in the New Mexico Nonprofit Consultants Directory.
- PolicyTool for Social Media - generates a customized policy based on answers to an online questionnaire.
- Blogging and social media policy - sample policy by About.com
- Internet and email policy - sample policy by About.com
- Create a Communication Plan - toolkit by Energy Star
- Ten Steps to Stronger Nonprofit Communications - outline of communication strategy by Social Edge
- The Communications Toolkit - guide to communications for nonprofits by Cause Communications
- The Nonprofit Social Media Decision Guide - workbook to assist with evaluating appropriate social media channels for your organization by Idealware and Balance Interactive
- Using Social Media to Meet Nonprofit Goals: The Results of a Survey - report by Idealware
- A Few Good Online Conferencing Tools - article by Laura S. Quinn and Kyle Henri Andrei providing information on various options for online conferencing
- Measuring The Networked Nonprofit - book by Beth Kanter and Katie Delahaye Paine ($)
- The Networked Nonprofit - book by Beth Kanter and Allison Fine ($)
Email Marketing Software
- A Few Good Broadcast Email Tools - article by Laura S. Quinn, Idealware
- Email Marketing Software Review 2014 - review by Tech Media Network
- 7 Rules for Writing an Effective Press Release - article by The NonProfit Times
- Sample Press Release for Nonprofit - article by Joanne Fritz, About.com
- 8 Principles for Writing a Nonprofit Press Release - article by Meredith Janke, CauseVox
- How to Write a Non-Profit Press Release - article by Berkley Center for Religion, Peace & World Affairs, Georgetown University
- 4 Easy Steps to Promoting Your Organization - artcile by Alyson H. Ball, BoardsThatExcel.com
- Beth's Blog - blog about nonprofits using Social Media to power change
- Charityhowto.com - social media webinars and training videos
- Change.org - grassroots advocacy petitions and tools
- Idealist - information on nonprofit careers, volunteering, events and resources
- Causes.com - create grassroots community causes and engage donors and volunteers
- Global Giving - fundraising site that gives nonprofits worldwide a chance to raise money Charities Review Council - sample documents and policies