The Development Plan: Your Road Map to Success
Does your nonprofit need a clear road map to guide your fundraising efforts? This session will teach you what to include and who to involve as you create a Development Plan.
- Understand the basic steps on how to create a Development Plan
- Recognize the importance of building an annual calendar to guide your organization in reaching its fundraising goals
Meeting your organization's mission is dependent on support from your donors, and good planning is key to your fundraising success. Forming a Development Plan that identifies strategies to achieve your goals and recognizes the resources will ensure you are headed in the right direction.
A sample Development Plan template will be shared. As part of this workshop, participants will be able to answer the following questions:
- Why does your organization need a Development Plan?
- What are the key elements of a Development Plan?
- Who needs to be involved in the planning process?
- How do you create your Development Plan?
Executive Directors, Development Directors and staff, and Board Members
Patti Ward, CFRE, is a consultant with over 25 years of experience working with nonprofits. As a Certified Fund Raising Executive, she has worked with all sizes of nonprofits in a variety of sectors, including faith-based, education, arts, health-related, and human services. She empowers nonprofits to deliver their mission in a bigger and better way, and has successfully assisted organizations in implementing capital and endowment campaigns ranging from $1 million to $8 million.
The Center for Nonprofit Excellence often takes photos during our trainings to share on social media. If you prefer not to be photographed, please let us know in the Special Needs field when you register.
3031 Highway 180 East
Silver City, NM 88061