Programs for Funders
Since COVID 19 hit New Mexico in 2020, NMAG’s usual cadence for Networking meetings was placed on Pause. However, in 2021, NMAG will resume Funder Meetings. We are planning a virtual meeting for funders in April to feature “things to think about when re-opening the office after COVID.” We are also exploring new program opportunities for funders. Please look for a Survey Monkey questionnaire from NMAG within the next few weeks.
The New Mexico Impact Investing Collaborative (NMIIC) is a funder collaborative designed to catalyze and scale impact investing throughout the state of New Mexico. The mission of the collaborative is to create healthy, equitable, sustainable, and economically vibrant communities within New Mexico by facilitating and increasing the supply and effective deployment of impact investing capital. In doing so, NMIIC hopes …
- Create alignment and efficiency in the marketplace to increase the volume and reduce the execution costs of high-impact investments in New Mexico.
- Foster collaboration to support opportunities requiring broader access to integrated capital and expertise to succeed.
- Reduce barriers to entry by supporting educational and training opportunities for both investors and investees.
NMIIC currently exploring establishing a Fixed Income Fund that would provide foundations and investors with the opportunity to invest a part of their endowment in a fund that provides a return on their investment while providing capital in the area of affordable housing or small business loans.
Impact investing is defined as investing into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. Impact investments can be structured in any asset class and with any risk-adjusted expected financial return. These investments can help to sustain and scale innovation across a range of sectors and risk/return profiles as well as high performing community-based initiatives. Impact Investments can include both philanthropic Program-Related Investments (“PRIs”) and Mission-Related Investments (“MRIs”).
Current Members Include
- Anchorum St. Vincent,
- Dragonhorse FLP,
- Hai Fund,
- Jessica’s Love Foundation,
- McCune Charitable Foundation,
- Santa Fe Community Foundation,
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation