Main Areas of Responsibility:
The Chief Development Officer is responsible for all fundraising and philanthropic outreach activities. This role identifies, plans, organizes, implements and directs a variety of fundraising events, campaigns, planned giving efforts, and other activities to maintain a significant and ongoing level of donations.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
This role staffs the Strategy and Development Committee of the LFMC Board of Directors in regard to development, fundraising programs and activities; works on grant research and proposal duties; and prioritizes management and committee work.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and minimum of 5 years progressive experience in fundraising, development and public relations required.
• Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE);
• Knowledge of grant research and proposal writing with the ability to read and interpret documents such as grant, proposals;
• High level of verbal and written communication skills with diverse groups of people;
• Demonstrated skills in a non-profit setting and/or in a community health center;