Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Grow our community base by doing workshops, phone banking, establish new community relationships, etc.
- Sustain our base by conducting base-building activities.
- Advance the mission of the organization and staying informed on best practices.
- Build community leadership and broaden the societal consciousness of members.
- Represent the organization in the broader community and events to maintain the organization’s visibility and solidarity.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
The Community Defense coordinator works hand in hand with other staff, community members and other leaders in developing, planning, and executing effective organizing strategies in order to build power and realize meaningful social change.
- Strong community values and passionate belief in the mission of the organization.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Humility and willingness to learn and grow.
- Ability to work independently and also be part of a team.
- Basic level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
Compensation and Benefits: 20 hours/week @ $16 the hour. We offer a comprehensive benefits package.