Main Areas of Responsibility:
An award-winning nonprofit leader in the globally-recognized, high-impact fields of community development and microfinance, Accion’s mission of equipping entrepreneurs for success propels increased economic opportunity across a five-state region. We are looking for an individual who is an effective team leader, a strategic and innovative thinker, a conscientious steward of stakeholder relations, and a passionate champion of philanthropy and mission fulfillment to be our Director of Advancement.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
• Manages and supervises advancement staff and departmental budget;
• Successfully develops and manages fundraising strategies and tactics to meet organizational goals;
• Oversees fundraising campaigns (including annual and capital), prospect identification, donor development, donor stewardship, communications, and public relations; and
• Enthusiastically upholds Accion’s organizational values of passion, pioneering spirit, integrity, excellence and accountability.
• Seven years experience in fundraising or advancement with three years in a management capacity;
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, administration, public relations, communications, or a related field;
• Success in driving fundraising campaigns and goal fulfillment;
• Experience with donor development and stewardship;
• Must have a passion for increasing economic opportunity and access to capital;
• Bilingual ability in English and Spanish preferred;
• MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred.