Main Areas of Responsibility:
The Director of Development will design, implement, evaluate, and refine aspects of the unit's private-sector fund raising activities with an emphasis on major gifts as defined by UNM Foundation standards. The primary focus of the position is to identify and cultivate prospects and solicit major gifts as defined by UNM Foundation measures.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
The Director of Development will serve as a fundraiser within a development and alumni relations team that includes a Senior Director of Development, an Alumni Relations Officer and a Development Assistant.
What you will bring…
• Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution required
• Five (5) or more years related experience in development/fundraising
• Experience in higher education or other non-profit organization
• Experience with sponsorships and fundraising events
• Proven ability to develop relationships and solicit sponsorships and private gifts