Main Areas of Responsibility:
The Director of Finance is responsible for performing the accounting and analysis for the organization. This includes the development, implementation, and maintenance of appropriate accounting policies and procedures which follow what is considered “best practices” for non- profits. This position prepares and analyzes financial reports, journal entries, maintains and reconcile ledger accounts. Month end reconciliation. Supervision of accounting staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related finance field
- Minimum of three years’ accounting experience and training, or
- 6 years of relevant experience if substituting for either of the above
- Knowledge of accounting theory, the principles and practice of administrative and fiscal management, and analysis of fund accounting for non-profit organizations.
- Professional experience with accounting software and related programs