Main Areas of Responsibility:
Position reports to the President and Board of Directors, and has overall strategic and operational responsibility for NMJW's dual mission to providing quality music performance and education.
1) Fundraising, Memberships & Partnerships: (35%)
2) Leadership, Operations & Management: (35%)
3) Programming, Marketing & Communication: (30%)
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
• Membership expansion, income-generating activities, sponsorships, grants, donations and appropriations.
• Development and implementation of the Annual Plan including the budget.
• Building and strengthening partnerships and relationships with patrons, members, funders.
• Support a strong Board of Directors.
• Non-profit conformance.
• All programming, hiring and contracting.
• Oversee all communications.
• Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, nonprofit management or similar.
• Professional fundraising experience, including at least 3 years of fundraising experience in a staff role.
• Proven operational or project management experience.
• Effective communication skills.
• Experience supervising staff and volunteers.
• Experience developing partnerships and collaborations.
• Familiarity with state and local arts organizations desirable.