Main Areas of Responsibility:
Saranam is looking for a part-time Family and Community Coordinator (Coordinator) to manage the child and family component of the two-generation program focusing on family and community development. The Coordinator collaborates with staff, volunteers, and outside agencies and organizations to provide services to meet family needs. The Coordinator fosters volunteer engagement and facilitates evening life skills and community activities. Saranam may consider hiring as a full-time position.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
Provide program support by scheduling presenters, managing volunteers and facilitating age appropriate activities (arts & crafts, games, etc.) designed to engage parents and their children to improve life skills and relationship building. Foster family’s self-esteem through positive guidance and nurturing. Provide supervision and training of volunteers. Maintain the Weil Family Center by overseeing general maintenance and managing the restocking of household goods and housekeeping.
• Ability to lead by example and demonstrate relationship building and trust.
• Ability to work with a variety of people in diverse circumstances.
• Ability to handle conflict and crisis.
• Experience in working with or providing services to children and families.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
• Able to work flexible schedule which include evening/weekend hours.
• Knowledge of homelessness, domestic violence, substance abuse/mental illness and trauma informed care preferred.