Main Areas of Responsibility:
Reporting to and partnering with the Executive Director (ED), the Finance Director (FD) will set Valencia Shelter Services financial policy and direction while also being an active participant in, and driver of, the organization's overall strategy. They will lead all financial administration. As a member of the senior leadership team, the FD will work closely with a motivated and engaged finance and governance committee of the board of directors.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
The FD will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 5 years of finance experience, ideally beginning in audit, followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership. Experience with managing state and federal grants desired. They will ideally have experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting), HR, and IT.
• A minimum of a BS. CPA/CMA and a MBA would be a plus.
• Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting.
• Skill in examining, developing, re-engineering, and recommending financial, HR, and technology policies and procedures.
• Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
• Demonstrated commitment to the social sector with a passion for the organization’s mission is essential.