Main Areas of Responsibility:
Conduct program participant screenings and intakes. Support Housing Placement including housing search. Negotiate and obtain leases. Create a Housing Sustainability. Life Skills Training. Direct/Assist in applying/securing all eligible entitlements. Reducing other barriers to housing. Monitor client progress. Advise Director of Programs of adverse changes in program participant progress. Conduct discharges. Be aware of emergency procedures. Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
• Must have excellent computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to relate to individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
• First Aid and CPR certifications
• Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
• Knowledge of community resources
• Previous housing management/case management experience desired
Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, social sciences, or related studies preferred or minimum of two years of case management or commensurate experience with transferable skills.