Main Areas of Responsibility:
This position is responsible for carrying out the organization’s annual development plan, annual strategic objectives, and long-range goals. The primary focus of this position is to build the capacity of the Albuquerque program through all aspects of fund development, including individuals, corporate, governmental, and institutional giving.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
• Builds and maintains a personal annual portfolio of approximately 150 individual (households), corporate, and institutional donors and prospects. The portfolio will contain specific strategies to meet budget goals via one-on-one meetings, telephone conversations, written correspondence, and emails.
• Responsible for managing the Albuquerque Gala Committee.
Job Specific Requirements:
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in development, with demonstrable experience in direct major gift solicitation
• Communicates effectively through clear speaking, writing, and effective listening
• Strong organizational, computer, and smart-phone skills including extended familiarity with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), strong development database skills, MS Windows file/folder management, and Android, Blackberry, or i-Phone calendaring and emailing skills.