Main Areas of Responsibility:
Responsible for the implementation of the service coordination program to tenants in SHC-NM Housing Programs.
• Applicants screening for special needs set-aside units.
• Maintain client files submit required reporting.
• Facilitate supportive linkages between residents, external agencies, and the community.
• Coordinate educational and social activities.
• Establish on-going relationship with social service providers
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
• Awareness of and empathy for the special needs of individuals who have experienced homelessness.
• Familiarity with community resources and services.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Valid driver’s license, dependable transportation and auto insurance.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Knowledge of federal Fair Housing for persons with disabilities.
• Bilingual preferred.
• Associates degree in human services or similar field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience in affordable housing with persons who have special needs including behavioral health and history of homelessness.