Main Areas of Responsibility:
The Youth Development Professional will assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating activities provided within program areas such as Education, Technology, Teens, Arts, and Sports & Recreation while providing guidance and role modeling to members. They will assist with the implementation and administration of programs, services and activities for members and visitors. They will monitor services and activities to ensure safety of members.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
• Participate in special programs and/or events.
• May be required to drive club vehicles (must be over 21, have a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record).
• Maintain close, daily contact with club staff (professional and volunteer), club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions, instruct and advise/counsel.
• High School diploma or GED required, additional child development coursework preferred.
• Experience required in motivating youth and managing behavioral problems.
• Must be able to organize and supervise children to maintain a safe environment.
• Must be CPR and First Aid certified or willing to become certified.
• Must be able to read & speak English, bilingual in Spanish preferred.
• Must be 21 years or older, have a valid driver’s license, and maintain a clean driving record.