It's Not Too Late to Run a Successful Campaign.
We've reached the final countdown to #GivingTuesdayNM and procrastinators across the state are getting focused. Here are five last-minute strategies for those who are just getting started.
1. Define your campaign by setting a goal. What do you want to accomplish on #GivingTuesdayNM?
- If you want to raise funds, how much and for what?
- If you want to inspire new donors, how many?
- If you want to build social followers, how many and on what platform(s)?
- If you want to host a volunteer activity, what do you need help with and how many volunteers are you seeking?
2. Gather key assets.
Pull together the photos, video and moving story that will inspire supporters to help you reach your goal. Here is a quick overview on telling a great story.
3. Plan 3 emails.
- Send the first email next week and, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, thank recipients for their past support. Let them know that what their past contributions have made possible. Make them aware that your organization is participating on #GivingTuesdayNM, and what you are working to accomplish.
- Send an email on Monday, 11/30, highlighting your inspiring story with strong visual/video. Have a single, crystal clear call to action! Don't distract readers with newsletter content that has lots of subjects. Keep it simple: Share your story and let readers know how to help you reach your goal.
- On #GivingTuesdayNM, send an email that is very close to Monday's email, but with a "today's the day!" emphasis. Some organizations send an email in the morning and again around dinner time.
4. Make the most of social media.
Amplify your message in as many channels as possible. Arm your board, staff, clients and key supporters with pre-written messages and visuals to share about your campaign in the leadup to #GivingTuesday and on the big day. On #GivingTuesdayNM, encourage social media ambassadors to share a personal story about their commitment and connection to your organization.
5. Host a #GivingTuesdayNM party.
Reaching your goal can be a team-bonding experience!
Sign up, get started and download the #GivingTuesdayNM toolkit (complete with email templates and social media graphics,) at: www.GivingTuesdayNM.org