New Mexico Autism Society
The mission of the New Mexico Autism Society is to promote lifelong access and opportunities for persons within the autism spectrum and their families, to be fully included, participating members of their communities through advocacy, public awareness, education, and research related to autism.
* Monthly meeting - There is an educational program at each monthly meeting except in Dec. and summer. Free child & teen care is often available by calling at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. Please see the Calendar for meetings schedule or call 505-332-0306 (Voice Mail).
* Support autism groups around the State of New Mexico
* Provide and promote autism related educational programs and conferences to members and the community.
* Form committees to work on autism related projects.
* Publish flyers and newsletters to keep interested parties informed about meetings and activities occurring around New Mexico.
* Advocate and lobby for state and federal legislation to assist families and individuals with autism.
* Plan activities to promote FUN and emotional support for families and individuals concerned with autism.
* Provide financial scholarships or stipends for our members to attend workshops and conferences regarding autism.
* Work on state and local committees with other agencies and organizations to further goals and to improve resources.
* Work with the Autism Society of America
* Work with the Autism Programs at the Center for Development and Disability at UNM.