Open Space Alliance
The mission of the Open Space Alliance is to promote public awareness and conservation of Open Space lands, and to educate the public about the natural, historic, cultural, educational, and recreational aspects of Open Space areas.
The Open Space Alliance works with the City of Albuquerque Open Space Division throughout the year to help design and support a range of programs and initiatives that promote public education and interaction with Open Space. These include:
1) Conservation projects along the Rio Grande and Bosque as part of the annual Dia del Rio Celebration
2) National Trails Day in the Sandia Foothills
3) Summer Series educational programs and guided hikes
4) "Get on the Bus" program that funds school field trips to open space areas
5) National River Clean Up Day
6) Various workshops, speakers, and special events at the Open Space Visitor Center, like the Sandhill Cranes Celebration Weekend in November, and art workshops by Plein Air Painters of New Mexico.