St. Elizabeth Shelter
To assist homeless individuals and families by providing emergency shelter, food, case management, counseling, supportive housing and referrals to partnering human-services agencies. St. Elizabeth Shelter's ultimate goal is to end the cycle of homelessness.
St. Elizabeth is a non-profit, secular organization that provides for the immediate needs of homeless individuals and families and works to quickly move them into transitional and permanent housing through intensive case management and available housing resources.
It is the only year-round full-service homeless shelter in Northern New Mexico with a variety of programs, including:
* Two emergency shelters-
- A 28-bed Men's Emergency Shelter
-Casa Familia with 16 beds for single women and five rooms for individual families;
* Three separate housing programs with a full range of supportive services:
● 8 apartments for homeless families with children
● 8 apartments for homeless seniors
● 28 apartments for homeless individuals with disabilities
* A Resource Center open two days a week (Tuesdays and Fridays) that offers; free meals, clothing and case management .
* A legal clinic for the chronic homeless;Hosting the City of Santa Fe’s Homeless Court every month.
St. Elizabeth serves 2,400 people every year and provides them with more than 40,000 bed nights of shelter and 50,000 meals.