Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless
To provide caring and comprehensive health & supportive services, linking people experiencing homelessness to individual and collective solutions, and to be a leader in creating service delivery models and solutions to homelessness.
Vision: to live in a world that is just and without homelessness.
AHCH addresses the health-related causes and consequences of homelessness through extensive outreach and free site-based services, including:
* Primary medical, dental, and specialty care
* Con Niños treatment team medical/social outreach for homeless children and their families
* ArtStreet, a community-based arts and art therapy studio project
* Harm reduction street outreach, including syringe exchange, auricular acupuncture detox, and a peer education/prevention project
* Social and behavioral health continuum
* Social Transition and Resource Services (STARS) drop-in center & social services (intensive case management and social work)
* Re-Entry Collaborative Project (REC), medication-assisted treatment for individuals addicted to opiates, recently released from jail/prison and experiencing homelessness, including comprehensive, wrap-around social services, such as housing, case management, and client advocacy.
* Counseling and therapy programs for women and men, including psychosocial rehabilitation
Jennifer L. Metzler, MPH