The Arc of San Juan County
We support quality of life for people with developmental disabilities and their families.
• Disability prevention, public awareness campaigns and workshops.
• Community education, workshops, public speaking.
• Publicity about disability issues, promoting a positive image of people with disabilities.
• Newsletter, book loan, e-mail announcements.
• Information and referral.
• Liaison between service provider agencies and families.
• Person Centered Planning
• Coalition and community building around specific projects: inclusion, self-determination
• Financial assistance for training, special projects, assistive devices, furniture and clothing, etc.
• Support of self-determination, self-advocacy, and People First.
• Lobbying in support of self-determination, comprehensive services & options, and interdependence for people with disabilities.
• Job try-outs, volunteer opportunities, and employment for people with disabilities.