NNMSEA (Northern NM Special Education Advocacy)
NNMSEA promotes understanding and awareness
of grades K-12
Special Education rights
by providing educational resources to empower
New Mexico families, caregivers, educators, and administrators.
• Monthly Community Meetings & Workshops offering educational curricula to the Special Education (SpEd) community. NNMSEA has held events and trainings monthly since July 2010!
• Hosting guest speakers and presenters at community events to provide access to additional expertise in SpEd services.
• Goal: to open and staff a Learning Resource Center (LRC) in Taos for continual community access to SpEd materials, online trainings, and learning opportunities.
- Annual December Film Fundraiser/Event, a screening of special education related films (Dec. 2010 film Waiting for Superman screened 12/5-12/7/2010; Dec. 2011 Film Song of Our Children 12/17).
• Supporting learning and collaboration between families, caregivers, educators, and administrators in any way we can for the benefit of the children of our community.
Heather Rowley, Acting ED