Albuquerque Museum Foundation
This Foundation furthers the cultural and educational aims and activities of The Albuquerque Museum of Art and History (a City museum). It develops broad public, private and volunteer support, manages membership and aids in funding The Museum's community programs, exhibitions and collections.
The Albuquerque Museum Foundation Foundation provides direct support for:
* The Museum School, a year round art education program for youth and families.
* The Magic Bus program, free tours of the Museum and Casa San Ysidro for approximately 8,000 Albuquerque Public Schools students each year.
* Museum admission fees for all school tours, serving a total of 13,500 students annually.
* Public programs, especially exhibit-related lectures, symposia and teacher workshops.
* Docent training and Museum staff development.
* Acquisitions for The Museum’s permanent art and history collections.
* Special major exhibitions which bring high quality works from around the nation and the world to our community, enabling New Mexicans to have access to artistic and cultural experiences usually only available in major cities.
* Traveling exhibitions, which bring select art, artifacts and educational experiences to areas outside Albuquerque. Additionally, the Foundation currently hosts two friend/fundraisers each year: "ArtsThrive: Art Exhibition and Sale" in the fall and "Shaken Not Stirred," a spring social event designed to introduce young professionals to the museum.
Emily Blaugrund Fox