Safer New Mexico Now
Safer strives to reduce the physical, emotional, and social burden of injuries. In pursuit of safer communities, Safer will advocate for informed policy-making, provide education, support law enforcement, offer resources, and nurture public understanding.
Safer has established three divisions: Law Enforcement, Community Education and Outreach, and the Injury Prevention Resource Center. The primary objectives are to:
1. Coordinate enforcement, engineering, and education efforts by building and sustaining community collaborations;
2. Improve and make consistent the training available to New Mexico law enforcement personnel, healthcare providers, EMS professionals, and child safety advocates;
3. Increase a community's capacity to address fatal and non-fatal injuries;
4. Increase New Mexico's seat belt and child restraint usage rates; and
5. Decrease the number of alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes throughout the State.
Lisa D. Kelloff