Wings for LIFE
To build relationships with and between families and children (some of whom may have family members incarcerated) and joining families with caring individuals from churches and the community.
1. Wings for L.I.F.E. Community Outreach Program meets bi-monthly. Program presented by professionals in the community followed by a delicious meal prepared on site, free give-a-ways, babysitting available. All for Free. Help families access community resources.2. Weekly life skills, substance abuse education, social and behavioral modification skills for males and females incarcerated at the adult detention facility. Separate classes are taught to males and females.
3. Weekly parenting classes for females incarcerated in the county detention center.
4. Weekly life-skills, substance abuse education, social and behavioral modification, and Search Institutes 40 Developmental Assets taught to youth in the county detention center.
5. Weekly Building Assets after-school program offered on-site at eight elementary schools for students K-5th focusing on Search Institutes 40 Developmental Assets and life-skills that create a strong foundation to help youth develop into principled young men and women.
6. Community Outreach programs that benefit low income families (Back to School Parties providing backpacks filled with school supplies, family pumpkin decorating night, BBQ and Swim Party, and Christmas party). Providing family fun in a safe and nurturing environment.