Roswell SAFE Coalition
The mission of the Roswell SAFE Coalition is "to build and strengthen the capacity of Roswell and Chaves County; to create and sustain a safe, healthy and unified community."
* Actively and aggressively promoting the Neighborhood Watch program in Roswell and Chaves County. Continuing to participate in the National Night Out annual event each August, for which Roswell won a national award in 2009.
* Participation in varied community events throughout the year in order to gain recognition and identification.
* Conduct specific children's fingerprinting events as requested in order to provide parents with a means of identification in cases of missing or abducted children.
* Publish a weekly Safety Column in the local newspaper, highlighting timely topics of safety concern.
* Make available a Speakers Bureau for organizations within the community.
* Maintain a Burglary, Drug and Alcohol Task Force to research and implement locally appropriate practices and procedures to reduce such criminal activity.
* Participate as requested in local Emergency Preparedness activities and educational opportunities.
* Other purposes which arise within the community and which, by direction of the Board, are appropriate to the Coalition's mission and intent.