Barrett Foundation, Inc.
The mission of the Barrett Foundation is to provide housing and supportive services to women and children who are striving to break the cycle of homelessness.
The Barrett Foundation has five housing programs:
- Barrett House is an emergency shelter for women and children experiencing homelessness
- Bridges is a transitional housing program for women with or without women; must be working or able to work, 24-month program, rent is 30% of income
- Casa Milagro is a transitional housing program for women with chronic mental illness. Women must be over the age of 35, meet sobriety requirements, have a diagnosed mental illness. Psychosocial rehab program. Rent is 30% of income.
- Casa Socorro is a permanent housing program for women who have been chronically homeless. Rent is 30% of income.
- Casa Verde is a permanent housing program for women who have successfully graduated from the Casa Milagro program. Rent is 30% of income. The organization also operates a thrift store which proceeds benefit the operation of the Barrett House shelter.