Greyhound Companions of New Mexico
We are a licensed, non-profit organization concerned for the welfare of racing greyhounds. Every year, thousands of greyhounds bred for racing are destroyed and many more suffer heinous injuries. Our mission is to find adoptive homes for failed racers and campaign for their humane treatment.
- Public education on humane treatment of animals, with particular emphasis on greyhound health and behavior.
- Active involvement in therapy dog programs wherein the dogs are certified to visit nursing homes and any facility where therapy dogs can make a difference for the residents.
- Placement of retired racing greyhounds into approved adoptive homes.
- Assistance with veterinary bills for our adopters confronted with special circumstances surrounding the health and welfare of their adopted greyhound.
- Work closely with Albuquerque shelters and Humane Assn. New Mexico when they need us to take greyhounds or greyhound mixes out of the shelter environment.
Judy Kody Paulsen