Creating an Annual Plan is a critical process that integrates a nonprofit’s strategic goals, its business plan, and the operations budget into a cohesive strategy for the coming fiscal year. It provides the organization with a framework for making decisions because it lays out the important priorities, the strategies and methods that will be used, and how each functional area will contribute to the overall success of the mission. A well-researched and carefully crafted Annual Plan serves as an easy to read roadmap for navigating the new fiscal year’s challenges. It is an important tool to keep everyone headed in the right direction and focused on the right things.
Although an Annual Plan is crucial to setting the tone and direction for the new fiscal year, this is all too often an overlooked planning step. Building an actionable and relevant annual plan takes time—something that nonprofits have little to spare. But failing to pay proper attention to this area leads to lost productivity, disorganization and confusion as to what matters most and what needs to be done by when.
Please join Lynn Ivey as she shows you where to focus your attention in order to create your organization’s guide for the coming fiscal year.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Seven key elements to include in your plan
- Defining the difference between strategic plans, business plans and annual plans
- Methods for gathering the information needed to inform your planning process
- Understanding the importance of “Who, What, Why and When”
- Assessing your organization’s strategic goals and priorities
- Roles in the Annual Planning process
- Strategies for focusing on the short term – with the long term in mind; and
- Tips for closing out the current year’s plan and transitioning to your new fiscal year plan