This workshop will explore the role of critical thinking in decision making, problem solving and setting goals related to one's career. It will look at the definition of critical thinking as well as the importance of critical thinking in finding a job and being successful on the job. Participants will learn how critical thinking will be necessary and valuable in every area of their life.
Why You Should Attend
- Understand the importance of critical thinking in career planning
- Explain the benefits of critical thinking in problem solving, decision making and goal setting
- Understand the importance of critical thinking to building self-confidence
- Recognize the role of critical thinking in all life decisions and choices
- Utilize effective strategies to solve problems, make decisions and set goals related to work
- Understand the importance of questioning in thinking critically.
Areas Covered in the Session
- To examine the fundamentals of critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and goal setting
- To explore the relationship between critical thinking and career self assessment
- To help participants make informed and wise decisions
- To help participants approach problem solving and decisions making effectively
- To help participants improve their thinking skills
U. Harold Levy , President of Levy and Levy Enterprises, is a national and international speaker, trainer, consultant and recognized expert on civil right issues, human resources, leadership and management. Mr. Levy has over 30 years of experience in the profession, most recently as the Eastern Regional Business Enterprise Analyst for the Pennsylvania Department of General Services. Some of his clients include major pharmaceutical corporations, police departments, colleges and universities, state and county government agencies and non-profit organizations.
Mr. Levy has published several articles on topics relating to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, diversity and inclusion and equity issues, civil rights and human resource issues. A graduate of the Pennsylvania State University, Mr. Levy has a Bachelor’s in International Relations degree, a Master’s in Public Administration degree and is a certified mediation counselor. Mr. Levy is the recipient of many awards including the prestigious Administrative Service Award at the University of Minnesota Duluth, and the Tri State Consortium of Opportunity Programs for New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.