Built into Excel are over 450 functions - a potent set of power tools that simplify certain kinds of formulas and gives you a huge number of computational possibilities. Many Excel functions provide extended analytical capabilities and open the door to more efficient use of Excel. This session gives you perspective on what functions are available and explains (with extensive examples) how to use many of them, including: the IF function (with AND and OR), the powerful VLOOKUP function, selected Date, Statistical, Financial, and Mathematical functions, and the frequently overlooked Text functions. In addition, the powerful COUNTIF/SUMIF family of functions, as well as more recently introduced functions are also covered.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Learn how to look up information in tables and reconcile different lists using the VLOOKUP function; for specialized lookup needs, learn to use the MATCH and INDEX functions
- Learn how to use selected Text functions to extract and manipulate character and numerical data for sorting and analytical purposes
- Learn how to build 3-D formulas to tabulate data totals from multiple worksheets
- Learn how to harness the power gained from using multiple functions in a nested fashion
- Learn how and when to use the expanded capabilities of the COUNTF family of functions and newer functions -AGGREGATE, ARABIC, ISFORMULA, and FORMULATEXT
- Learn how to use the powerful IF function and the related AND and OR functions for programming-like capability