Participating in “Grantmaker Relationships 101: How to Get Started” will teach you how to establish relationships with new grantmakers *BEFORE* submitting an application. Relationships are as critical a component of the grant seeking process as they are with individual donors, but are often overlooked due to time constraints or due to discomfort with a grant maker’s preference or capacity for communication.
Yes, it is possible for well written proposals to be funded without first reaching out to a new potential grant maker, but the success rates are significantly higher for those who establish a relationship prior to submission.
In this live, interactive webinar we will discuss how to establish and then maintain relationships with grantmakers in order to sustain and increase your organization’s grant revenue. We will walk through unique success stories from several nonprofits as case studies to show how relationships can be started.
Participating in “Grantmaker Relationships 101: How to Get Started” will strengthen your grant funder relationship building efforts and ultimately your grant funding success.
What You Will Learn from this Nonprofit Webinar:
- How to you establish relationships with grant funders.
- How to be develop talking points for relationship building.
- How to be consistent in relationship building.
- How to demonstrate creativity in approach.
- How to vary your approach based on type of grant funder (i.e. private foundation versus government).
- How to involve your grant team in relationship development and maintenance.
- How to treat grant funder relationships like individual donor relationships. How to utilize board and staff connections in establishing relationships.
- How to manage and improve relationships with grant funders.
- How to develop a plan for what outreach activities to utilize and how to manage current grantor relationships.
- How to transition relationships with funders during staffing changes.
- How to enhance existing relationships with grant funders.
This Webinar is Perfect For You If…
- Relationship development with new potential funders is not a part of your current grant seeking process.
- Relationship maintenance with your current grant funders is not a conscious part of your current grant seeking process.
- There is room for improvement with how your organization establishes and maintains relationships with its new and existing grant funders.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- A Grantmaker Relationship Outreach checklist.
- A tool for managing your relationship touch points.