Okay, let’s be honest. Everybody knows that to motivate donors to give (to motivate anyone to do anything, really) you have to tell stories. Facts and statistics don’t work. Brilliant arguments don’t work. Super-clear explanations don’t work. If you want people to pay attention to what you’re saying -- and then take the action you want them to take -- you gotta tell a story!
But there’s something hardly anyone knows yet: To really make fundraising work, you have to tell the right story. The story that speaks to the donor’s heart and mind and helps them connect their values -- and their money -- to your cause. The real story for fundraising.
This practical, hands-on session will show you how to discover your fundraising stories. And how to tell them with grace, drama, and effectiveness!
Your presenter, Jeff Brooks, has been telling fundraising stories for decades. Not only that -- he’s been testing them. He’s found what works and what doesn’t, and he’s ready to tell you!
During This Nonprofit Webinar You Will Learn:
Why donors give -- and how you can give them what they need
- Donors are seeking personal significance
- Donors want to put their values into action
- 3 types of nonprofit storytelling: bad to great
- Three things you owe every donor
How to tell stories for asking
- The story NOT to tell (that almost everyone tells you is the right story)
- What every donor is waiting to hear
- The balancing act between complacency and skepticism
How to tell stories for thanking and reporting back
- Four things donors need to hear from charities (that they rarely hear)
- How your acknowledgments can help build your long-term relationships with donors
- Three steps that will make your newsletter the best part of your fundraising program
Writing tips for vivid and effective stories
- The most important word in the storyteller’s dictionary
- Three ways to put the donor in every story (and two ways to keep them out)
- The magic of mirror neurons to pull your donor into any story you tell.