Policies and Procedures are essential for managers, supervisors and employees to understand what is expected of them and how they should carry out their job responsibilities. Formalizing your guidelines for behavior, laying out your legal obligations as an employer and your employees’ rights, and communicating expectations for ensuring fairness and consistency may seem daunting. But failing to codify the why and what of your employment policies, as well as implement sound procedures, creates risk that situations will be handled in different ways. This easily leads to lawsuits for discrimination, unfair labor practices, and failure to adhere to applicable state and federal laws.
Please join Lynn Ivey as she provides step-by-step information to create your nonprofit’s personnel policies and procedures that strike the right balance between providing guidance and structure without backing you into a corner. Learn how you can “lay down the law” to your staff, while covering all the legal bases and day-to-day expectations.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Key elements for writing effective policies and procedures
- Defining the difference between policies and procedures and why you need both
- Methods for keeping the “big picture” in mind while fine-tuning the details
- Understanding the importance of “Who, What, Why, How and When”
- What to and what not to include
- The importance of follow through for reducing risks
- Strategies for keeping your policies and procedures current
- Tips for training your supervisors, managers and staff