The importance of a company having accurate financial statements is critical, but during a world pandemic we can relax our guard against fraud. Payroll plays a hug part protecting a company's financial statements even during such world events.
These outside factors have impacted payroll departments such as working from home, spam emails appearing to be from leaders within an organization that is looking for confidential information to employee direct deposit changes that are not valid. Unnecessary fraudulent transactions can cost companies and employee thousands of dollars each year and even more now.
- Payroll Fraud Statistic's-How big of a problem is it?
- How does payroll fraud occur? Internal and External Factors
- Preventing Payroll Fraud
- Internal Controls
- Tools (Process Maps, Business Continuity Plans, Process Documentation
- Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Requirements
- Ethical Business Practices
- Learn about current fraudulent activity and how it is impacting companies
- Details around statistics of how often payroll fraud occurs
- Tools to have better processes and controls in place to prevent fraud
- To gain the legal rules around detecting and deferring payroll fraud. Will review tools that companies can use to make sure that fraud can be deterred or detected immediately.