One study reported that 86% of employees plan to pursue new jobs and employee turnover is on the rise and is expected to continue to worsen over time. In addition, over 60% of companies report having difficulty recruiting key talent. Most companies see retention as a key strategic imperative but less than half have a specific retention plan. Unfortunately most retention efforts are overly general, are expensive, and have little positive impact on turnover.
Stay/retention interviews offer a specific, targeted, and effective solution to the turnover problem. Rather than throwing money at the problem this tactic gets at the source of the retention issues by determining why each employee is likely to stay or leave and then develops an effective plan to retain valuable employees.
- Participants will learn the specific steps and receive the necessary materials for conducting an effective retention interview
- Stay interviews are a proven method of decreasing turnover and increasing retention.
- Turnover across the country has been increasing and is expected to continue to increase resulting in increased costs and reduced company effectiveness.
- CEOs have identified employee retention as a critical business imperative and stay interviews offer a targeted and specific solution to turnover.
- Stay interviews have the benefit of increasing employee motivation, engagement, development, and empowerment.
- Retention interviews offer a targeted process for focusing retention efforts on high impact employees
- Stay interviews identify areas of retention risk and a proactive solution for managing risk.