Are you having a little trouble fulling embracing live and recorded video as a key part of your marketing and fundraising strategies, even though you know video is great for engagement? Do you want to do more with video, but aren’t sure exactly where to start? If yes, these brand-new webinars are just for you!
Webinar #1: The Ins and Outs of Live and Recorded Video Creation
In the first webinar, we’ll focus on the time-saving tactics, smart strategies, and barrier busters for both live and recorded video.
We’ll talk about . . .
- Simplifying hardware and software requirements. It’s easy to get so overwhelmed with video recording and editing equipment and software that you never actually get started. We’ll help you simplify your choices and get on with it (hint: think mobile!).
- Understanding the fundamentals of lighting and sound. We’ll cover the best practices to make sure your videos look good and sound good, including open and closed captioning and using music.
- Making the video production process faster. The number of hours required to produce a few minutes of video can be daunting. We’ll talk about ways to speed up the process significantly without having a negative impact on your video’s effectiveness.
- Getting comfortable going live. If the thought of broadcasting your face and voice live to the universe makes you anxious, don’t worry! We’ll share lots of advice on how to get more comfortable.
- Where to host and share your videos. We’ll look at all the different places you can put and share your videos for maximum impact – and help you decide which should be your primary channels.
Webinar #2: 10 Types of Videos You Should Think about Creating
In the second webinar, we’ll talk about storyboards, scripts, and tips for 10 different kinds of recorded and/or live videos that work well for nonprofits.
- Call to Action Motivators compel people to give, volunteer, advocate, register or follow through on any other call to action.
- Explainers are videos that explain who you are and what you do. They can also explain concepts, problems, or programs.
- Behind the Scenes videos show us people, places, and situations that we can’t see ourselves and give us insights into the lives of others.
- Testimonials let other people do the talking on video about your organization and your work.
- Annual Report or Impact Videos summarize or highlight your nonprofit’s accomplishments or results.
- Thought Leadership videos share your organization’s expertise, opinions, and perspectives.
- Thank You Videos share your gratitude with your community of donors and other supporters for helping you change the world.
- Personalized Video Messages are created with one viewer in mind, either an individual or an organization.
- Internal Communication videos help you leverage the power and engagement of video with your staff and board.
- Ephemeral videos are short vignettes documenting your life and times and are most often shared via Stories on social media.
After discussing all ten types, we’ll help you prioritize which ones to create for your nonprofit.