We’re halfway through the 2017 Legislative Session and the budget is still unresolved. Typically the Feed Bill (funds for the legislative session and interim...
This Thursday, February 2nd 2017, over 50 Crossroads for Women clients, staff, and volunteers will join the New Mexico Coalition to End Homeless (NMCEH)...
We've included many resources here to help nonprofits strengthen their advocacy efforts.
- Nonprofits Integrating Community Engagement Guide (N.I.C.E.) - guide by Alliance for Nonprofit Management and Building Movement Project
- Advocacy Capacity Tool - step-by-step tools to assess, build capacity and evaluate advocacy by Bolder Advocacy
- Advocating for Change - toolkit and examples by Community Tool Box
- Everyday Advocacy - tools and resources by the National Council of Nonprofits
- The Power of Board Advocacy: A Discussion Guide for Boards - information and step-by-step guide by Stand for Your Mission
Organizing for Change
- Tech and Innovation to Re-engage Civic Life - article by Hollie Russon Gilmon in Stanford Social Innovation Review, November 24, 2015
- The New Now: Working Together for Social Change - two case studies by Bulding Movement Project
- 6 Guiding Principles for Advocacy Campaign Coalitions - article by Tom Novick, Michael O'Loughlin and Jonathan Benton in NTEN Change journal, December 2012
- Alliances for Change: Organizing for the 21st Century - report by Marnie Brady, Building Movement Project
- Learning Circles: A Tool for Understanding Root Cause - discussion guide by Building Movement Project
- Voter Engagement Toolkit: A Nonpartisan Guide for 501(c)(3) Organizations - toolkit by United Way Worldwide in partnership with Nonprofit VOTE
- Common Tax Law Restrictions on Activities of Exempt Organizations - table by IRS outlining what organizations can engage in legislative advocacy; candidate election advocacy; and public advocacy
- Lobbying - IRS information on nonprofits and lobbying
- Compliance Guide for 501(c)(3) Public Charities - guide created by IRS
- Nonprofit Advocacy Rules and Regulations - information and examples by the National Council on Aging
- Tamarack - An Institute for Community Engagement - research, articles and tools for community engagement
- Building a Successful Advocacy Effort - webinar series by Independent Sector
- Nonprofit VOTE - nonpartisan fact sheets, webinars, research, and toolkits to help nonprofits integrate voter engagement into their work
- Building Movement Project - articles, tools, and examples for nonprofits to create social change and advocate for clients