Dear Community Arts Organizations and Artists, Your input about support for the arts and arts education in Albuquerque is kindly requested. Supported by the...
Please take the 2016 New Mexico Nonprofit Survey. We are excited to let you know that the 2016 New Mexico Nonprofit Survey is online, and...
We've included many resources here to help nonprofits with their evaluation needs.
Evaluating the Initiative - toolkit with examples by Community Tool Box
Nonprofit Performance Management: Using Data to Measure and Improve Programs - report with case studies by Idealware, August 2014
Basic Guide to Program Evaluation - information, guidelines and templates by Free Management Library
- 2010 User Friendly Handbook for Project Evaluation - covers the value of evaluation and how to design and carry out an evaluation by the National Science Foundation
- Effective Nonprofit Evaluation: Through a "Community of Learners" - briefing paper on evaluation design and implementation by Chantell Johnson and Allison Crean
- Program Development and Evaluation - templates and examples from the University of Wisconsin
A Practical Guide for Engaging Stakeholders in Developing Evaluation Questions - assists evaluators and clients to increase the value and usefulness of evaluation by H. Preskill and N. Jones, Robert Wood Johnson
The ABCs of Evaluation: Timeless Techniques for Program and Project Managers - book by John Boulmetis and Phyllis Dutwin ($)
Trying Hard is Not Good Enough, How to Produce Measurable Improvements for Customers and Communities - book about Results Based Accountability by Mark Friedman ($)
- Introducing the Impact Genome Project - article by Jason Saul and Matt Groch, Stanford Social Innovation Review, April 9, 2014
- Measuring Impact Isn't for Everyone - article by Mary Kay Gugerty and Dean Karlan, Stanford Social Innovation Review, April 2, 2014
Collective Impact Evaluation
- Guide to Evaluating Collective Impact - three part guide with case studies and sample questions, outcomes and indicators by Hallie Preskill, Marcie Parkhurst, and Jennifer Splansky Juster, Collective Impact Forum, 2014
- Evaluating Collective Impact: Five Simple Rules - article by Mark Cabaj, The Philanthropist, Volume 26, 1, 2014
- Framing Paper: The State of Network Evaluation - two part guide to network evaluation by Network Impact and Center for Evlauation Innovation, July 2014
Program Evaluation Software
- Understanding Software for Program Evaluation - paper with overviews of the types of software that can assist with a technology-based program evaluation strategy by Elizabeth Pope, Laura Quinn, Chris Bernard, Kyle Henri Andrei, and Tyler Cummins, Idealware
- Charting Impact - helps nonprofits create standardized reports clarifying their goals and accomplishments. The information is linked to your organization's GuideStar profile.
- Community Solutions Planning & Evaluation - articles, tools and trainings on planning and evaluation by Community Solutions
Outcome Indicators Project - framework for tracking performance provided by the Urban Institute and the Center for What Works
Outcome Mapping - methodology for planning, monitoring and evaluating development initiatives by Better Evaluation