Begin at the very beginning. Start by introducing service to your organization as, “We need more advocates for our mission.” Volunteering for our organizations...
Every nonprofit professional knows that an organization’s volunteer base is one of the most valuable resources it has. Your volunteers offer their time and...
If you are looking for volunteers, please visit our Volunteer Connection directory and post your volunteer opportunities.
- Take Root: Volunteer Management Guidebook - HandsOn Network
- A Volunteer Communications Strategy: 13 Steps to Driving Recruitment, Engagement and Leadership - article, Getting Attention
- Readiness Roadmap: Helping Organizations Navigate Skills-Based Volunteering - Taproot Foundation and Capital One Financial Corporation
- Volunteer Orientation Manual - example, Better Impact
- Developing and Managing Volunteer Programs - Free Management Library
- Starting a Volunteer Program - guide, Points of Light
- Recruiting Volunteers - Community Tool Box
- Guidelines for Screening of Persons Working with Children, the Elderly, and Individuals with Disabilities in Need of Support - regulations, US Department of Justice
- Mentor Manual - Amy Biehl High School
- Anatomy of Successful Feedback Conferencing - guide, Master Teacher Seminar
- Liability Form Template - Wildfire Preparedness
- Non-Profit Organizations and the Fair Labor Standards Act - US Department of Labor
- About Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income - Internal Revenue Service
- Child Labor Rules, Regulations, & Statutes - New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions
- Independent Sector Value of Volunteer Time - Independent Sector
- Volunteer Talent + Time Tracking: The Future of Volunteer Programs - VolunteerMatch
- Volunteer Calculator - HandsOn Network
- How to Choose a Volunteer Management System - KnowHowNonprofit