Looking To Engage Employees?
What better way then by supporting local nonprofit organizations and Albuquerque Public Schools this time of year?
This is a growing list of New Mexico organizations that serve homeless and low-income families. Check out ther specific donation and volunteer needs.
- Albuquerque Indian Center: Needs Thanksgiving food donations for low-income Native Americans in the International District.
- APS, Adopt a Family: Contact the Family Liaison for the Albuquerque Public School you are interested in supporting, they will be able to tell you how many families at their school need help with gifts for the holidays.
- Albuquerque Rescue Mission: Needs canned goods, clothing, blankets and new, unopened toiletries to give to families for the holidays. (Contact Maribel Villa by email or phone, 505-346-4673).
- All Faiths: Needs new, unwrapped toys for low-income families. Volunteer opportunities (1-2 hour shifts) - staff toy room when parents come to "shop" for toys for the kids. (For age specific gift ideas, contact Erin Crook by email or phone, 505-271-0329).
- Barrett Foundation: Adopt a familiy, needs gifts for homeless women and children.(Call Ellen Castille or Dianna Tuggle with questions, 505-246-9244 ext 102)
- St. Martins Hospitality Center: Volunteer opportunities (day before and after holiday help). Also needs toys to give as gifts to homeless children. (Contact Suzanne Soto by email or call her with questions, 505-242-4399).
- Valencia Shelter for Domestic Violence: Need food donations (canned good, grocery store gift cards), hats, gloves, gift cards (Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) to give to families for the holidays. (Contact Alexandria Taylor by email or call Oralia Garcia with questions, 505-565-3100).
If you would like to find other volunteer opportunities, check out New Mexico Volunteer Connection.