Nonprofit leadership is critical for maintaining a thriving nonprofit sector and delivering services to our communities. The Board Orientation Program, presented in partnership with the Santa Fe Community Foundation and SCORE Santa Fe, provides active nonprofit board members with support, knowledge, and skill-building around the fundamentals of nonprofit service.
The program’s 6 workshop session provide 18 hours of facilitated content addressing the day-to-day details and real-life responsibilities of board service. The cohort is small, with a maximum of 20 participants and organizations are encouraged to invite two of their board members to apply together.
Each session includes brief preparatory readings, onsite presentation, and participant discussion. Participants will be provided with a board book at the first session. Handouts and information from each session will be added to the book for ongoing reference. Each participant will also receive their own copy of the BoardSource publication, Ten Basic Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards.
• Should be current board members at a 501(c)(3) designated organization in northern New Mexico.
• Will be drawn from a range of experiences and organizational focus areas.
• Will form a cohort with networking and mutual support encouraged.
• Are expected to attend all 6 of the sessions (with mandatory attendance at the first session on September 13, 2019).
• Can expect a modest amount of preparation for each session.
For more information visit: https://www.santafecf.org/2019-application---board-orientation-program-fall. Applications are due Thursday, August 15th.