#GivingTuesdayNM...Together We Can Do More.
In 2018, 142 nonprofits in 24 communities raised over $2,520,285 for their work!
Read the 2018 Impact Report.
What is #GivingTuesdayNM?
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and in conjunction with the widely recognized shopping days, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesdayNM is part of the global day of giving known as #GivingTuesday.
Since 2015, the Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNPE) has coordinated the branded, local initiative in order to make it easy for donors, volunteers and other organizations to find New Mexico nonprofits running #GivingTuesday campaigns.
#GivingTuesday harnesses the power of social media and the generosity of people around the world to bring about real change in their communities. It provides a platform for encouraging the donation of time, resources and talents to address local challenges. It also brings together the unique and collective power of partners — nonprofits, civic organizations, businesses and corporations, as well as families and individuals — to encourage and amplify small acts of kindness.
Learn more about the global day of giving.
Why Should Your Nonprofit Participate?
It's simple. With as much or as little effort as your organization has the capacity to give, you will:
- Benefit from free marketing and visibility.
- Likely raise money for your nonprofit organization.
View a list of 2019 #GivingTuesdayNM participants.
- Sign up as a 2019 participant!
- 2018 nonprofit participants will not be automatically listed as 2019 participants.
- Download the #GivingTuesdayNM 2019 Toolkit
- Download the #UnSelfie template and customize it with your logo.
- Download the #GivingTuesdayNM logos: header and profile
- Inform your donors about your #GivingTuesdayNM campaign
- Post on social media
- Make sure to use the hashtag #GivingTuesdayNM in your posts!
- Follow #GivingTuesdayNM on social media
What can you give, and why do you give your time, money and heart?
Last year, the #UnSelfie campaign went viral internationally. We think it perfectly complements #GivingTuesdayNM because the spirit is rooted in selflessness. Use the template below to share on social media what you give and why.
1. Print this sign
2. Write what and why you give
3. Post a pic on social media of yourself, your dog, your family, your co-workers
4. Don't forget to include the #GivingTuesdayNM and #UNSelfie hashtags!
New Mexico Business Participants
We want to promote partnerships between New Mexico businesses and New Mexico nonprofits on #GivingTuesdayNM. If your New Mexico business plans to participate in #GivingTuesdayNM, let us know!
CNPE wishes to thank Andrew Faber of Alta Mira, Morgan O'Donnell of KarMo Partners and Rebecca Sisneros of Workforce Solutions for their support. Andrew, Morgan and Rebecca have formed a coalition with CNPE to help increase the impact of #GivingTuesdayNM and have given valuable guidance to make this campaign a success.
Let CNPE know if you have questions about participation, resources or to let us know about a collaboration with a local business.
#GivingTuesdayNM is coordinated by the Center for Nonprofit Excellence