#GivingTuesdayNM...Together We Did More.
242 NM nonprofits in 34 different communities raised over $383,000 for their work!
What is #GivingTuesdayNM?
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping days, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesdayNM is part of the global day of giving known as #GivingTuesday.
Since 2015, the Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNPE) has coordinated the branded, local initiative in order to make it easy for donors, volunteers and other organizations to find New Mexico nonprofits running #GivingTuesday campaigns.
#GivingTuesday harnesses the power of social media and the generosity of people around the world to bring about real change in their communities. It provides a platform for encouraging the donation of time, resources and talents to address local challenges. It also brings together the unique and collective power of partners — nonprofits, civic organizations, businesses and corporations, as well as families and individuals — to encourage and amplify small acts of kindness.
Learn more about the global day of giving.
Why Should Your Nonprofit Participate?
It's simple. With as much or as little effort as your organization has the capacity to give, you will:
- Benefit from free marketing and visibility
- Likely raise money for your nonprofit organization
Sign Up as a 2018 Participant!
- Sign up as a 2018 participant!
- 2017 nonprofit participants will not be automatically listed as 2018 participant.
- Download the #GivingTuesdayNM 2017 Toolkit
- Download the #GivingTuesdayNM logo (available Spring 2018.)
- Inform your donors about your #GivingTuesdayNM campaign
- Post on social media
- Make sure to use the hashtag in your posts! (#GivingTuesdayNM)
- Follow #GivingTuesdayNM on social media
- 2017 Toolkit
- Donation tracking spreadsheet
- #UNSelfie template
- Information slides (updated 9/19/17)
- Facebook Live slides (8/29/17)
- Facebook Live Information Session (9/20/17)
- November 30, 2017
- November 28, 2017
- November 27, 2017
- November 7, 2017
- October 10, 2017
- September 26, 2017
- August 22, 2017
What and why do you give your time, money and heart?
Last year the #UnSelfie campaign went viral internationally. We think it perfectly compliments #GivingTuesdayNM because the spirit is rooted in selflessness. Use the template below to share on social media what and why you give.
1. Print this sign
2. Write what & why you give
3. Post a pic on social media of yourself, your dog, your family, your co-workers
4. Don't forget to include #GivingTuesdayNM and #UNSelfie!
New Mexico Business Participants
We want to promote partnerships between New Mexico businesses and New Mexico nonprofits on #GivingTuesdayNM. Please let us know when they are established.
Let CNPE know if you have questions about participation, resources or to let us know about a collaboration with a local business.
#GivingTuesdayNM is coordinated by the Center for Nonprofit Excellence