#GivingTuesdayNM...Together We Did Do More!
216 New Mexico nonprofits in
28 different communities raised over
$300,000 for their work!
2016 New Mexico Nonprofit Participants
2016 New Mexico Business Participants
Chipotle Mexican Grill
supporting Cottonwod Gulch Expeditions
Red Door Brewing Company Candelaria Taproom
supporting Cottonwood Gulch Expeditions
Slate Street Cafe
supporting Greater Albuquerque Habitat for Humanity
We want to promote partnerships between New Mexico businesses and New Mexico nonprofits on #GivingTuesdayNM. Please let us know when they are established.
Join The #GivingTuesdayNM Coalition
- Get your nonprofit listed as a 2016 participant
- 2015 participants are not automatically listed as 2016 participants.
- Sign up to use @ Pay
- Use of @ Pay is not required to participate in the #GivingTuesdayNM coalition.
- Benefits of using @ Pay for #GivingTuesdayNM include:
- Streamlined system for collecting donation data which feed to giving thermometer above.
- NM nonprofits participating in #GivingTuesdayNM get a special opportunity to use @ Pay for free now through the giving season.
- Features text-to-give, giving thermometers and simple online giving.
- It is each nonprofit's responsibility to track their donations.
- All donations processed through an online platform other than @ Pay, received by check or cash, or designated through your local United Way or community foundation need to be reported by December 2.
- Tip: Ask your donors to inform you if they make an offline donation by check, cash or designate through your local United Way or community foundation.
- Download the #GivingTuesdayNM 2016 Toolkit (updated 11/1)
- Download the #GivingTuesdayNM logo
- Inform your donors about your #GivingTuesdayNM campaign
- Post on social media.
- Make sure to use the hashtag in your posts! (#GivingTuesdayNM)
- Follow #GivingTuesdayNM on social media
- Let us know about nonprofit / local business partnerships!
- Toolkit (updated 11/1)
- Donation tracking spreadsheet
- #UNSelfie template
- Slides from information sessions
- Newsletter: December 6, 2016
- Newsletter: November 30, 2016
- Newsletter: November 29, 2016
- Newsletter: November 4, 2016
- Newsletter: September 26, 2016
- Newsletter: August 10, 2016
- Regarding participation, available resources or to let us know about a collaboration with a local business
Send us an email
- Regarding @ Pay
Send them an email
#GivingTuesdayNM is co-coordinated by Johannah Ruddy, Director of Development at the Albuquerque Rescue Mission and Annie Sanchez, Director of the Center for Nonprofit Excellence.
What and why do you give your time, money and heart?
Last year the #UnSelfie campaign went viral internationally. We think it perfectly compliments #GivingTuesdayNM because the spirit is rooted in selflessness. Use the template below to share on social media what and why you give.
1. Print this sign
2. Write what & why you give
3. Post a pic on social media of yourself, your dog, your family, your co-workers
4. Don't forget to include #GivingTuesdayNM and #UNSelfie!
What is #GivingTuesday?
Simply, #GivingTuesday is a day of giving that takes place the Tuesday after Thanksgiving - Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday. It is a campaign for nonprofit fundraising, volunteering, and awareness building that is rooted in online communications.
Now in its fifth year, #GivingTuesday was started by the 92nd Street Y in New York City in an effort to promote volunteerism and philanthropy at a time of year when both need in our communities and consumerism are at the highest.
Over these last five years, community coalitions around the world have formed, and together have raised hundreds of millions of dollars and invaluable awareness for their causes and communities, and the importance of philanthropy.
While some New Mexico nonprofits have been participating in #GivingTuesday from the beginning, there had not been a coordinated effort as a statewide initiative. Without a branded, local initiative there is no easy way for donors, volunteers and other organizations to find New Mexico organizations running a #GivingTuesday campaign. With this in mind, #GivingTuesdayNM was born in 2015.
#GivingTuesdayNM was co-created by two New Mexico nonprofit professionals who thought there might be receptivity to a statewide coalition. Sure enough, 110 New Mexico nonprofits leveraged the power of collaboration and collectively raised close to $300,000 on December 1, 2015.
Why should your nonprofit join the #GivingTuesdayNM coalition?
With as much or as little effort as your organization has the capacity to give, you will:
- Benefit from free marketing and visibility
- Possibly raise money
December 1, 2015 was the first ever #GivingTuesdayNM. The data below represents specific, targeted #GivingTuesdayNM promotion. What it tells us is that together we can do more!
$267,452 raised for 110 participating New Mexico nonprofits
35,230 people reached on Twitter through CNPE
Our Generous 2016 Supporters and Partners
Thank you to our Supporters
*These companies are supporting
#GivingTuesdayNM technical infrastucture and marketing