Cast your Vote for the Best Nonprofit Online Resources Where do you go to exchange ideas and look for resources? Cast your vote for the best nonprofit groups,...
Advancing a Just and Secure New Mexico:
Advocacy, Policy and a Sustainable Nonprofit Sector Registration for the 2017 New Mexico Association of...
Without well-managed resources, your programs, staff, fundraising and technology may suffer - which can threaten the viability of your organization.
It is essential to have clear policies to guide the management and reporting of your organization's financial affairs.
- Audit Guide for Charitable Nonprofits – several articles including definitions, requirements, the Board’s role, and a step-by-step approach by the National Council of Nonprofits
- Accounting Glossary - definitions of accounting terms by CNPE
- A Five-Step Guide to Budgeting for Nonprofits, webinar, PDF, and templates by Fiscal Management Associates
- Payment Card Industry Standards, information for organizations that process credit card payments
- Four Terms Every Nonprofit Financial Team Member Must Know, article by Daniel Persaud, CliftonLarsonAllen
- Risky Business: Why All Nonprofits Should Periodically Assess Their Risk, article in Nonprofit Quarterly with outline for conducting risk assessment
- Five Internal Controls for the Very Small Nonprofit, article by Carl Ho, CPA, blue avocado
- Internal Controls for Nonprofits, article by the National Council of Nonprofits
- Five Ways to Get More Out of Your Accounting Software - article by Chris Bernard
- Deciding If You Need Enterprise Accounting Software - article by Chris Bernard, The NonProfit Times
- How Non-Profit Organizations Can Harness the Power of QuickBooks – article by Growthforce
- Tax Information for Charities and Other Nonprofits - tax information for nonprofits
- New Mexico Attorney General's Charities Unit - links to form, register and file annual reports with the state; statutes governing charitable organizations; other resources
- Staying in Compliance with the NM Charitable Solicitations Act - webinar presented by Assistant Attorney General
- Guidestar - financial information, news and trainings for nonprofits
- Resources for Nonprofit Financial Management - articles on different areas of financial management, website by The Wallace Foundation
- Nonprofit Finance Fund - provides technical assistance and loans to nonprofits undertaking capital projects
- Stay Exempt - virtual workshops and resources by the IRS