Advancing a Just and Secure New Mexico:
Advocacy, Policy and a Sustainable Nonprofit Sector Registration for the 2017 New Mexico Association of...
Cast your Vote for the Best Nonprofit Online Resources Where do you go to exchange ideas and look for resources? Cast your vote for the best nonprofit groups,...
Without well-managed resources, your programs, staff, fundraising and technology may suffer - which can threaten the viability of your organization.
It is essential to have clear policies to guide the management and reporting of your organization's financial affairs.
- Audit Guide for Charitable Nonprofits – several articles including definitions, requirements, the Board’s role, and a step-by-step approach by the National Council of Nonprofits
- Accounting Glossary - definitions of accounting terms by CNPE
- A Five-Step Guide to Budgeting for Nonprofits, webinar, PDF, and templates by Fiscal Management Associates
- Payment Card Industry Standards, information for organizations that process credit card payments
- Four Terms Every Nonprofit Financial Team Member Must Know, article by Daniel Persaud, CliftonLarsonAllen
- Risky Business: Why All Nonprofits Should Periodically Assess Their Risk, article in Nonprofit Quarterly with outline for conducting risk assessment
- Five Internal Controls for the Very Small Nonprofit, article by Carl Ho, CPA, blue avocado
- Internal Controls for Nonprofits, article by the National Council of Nonprofits
- Five Ways to Get More Out of Your Accounting Software - article by Chris Bernard
- Deciding If You Need Enterprise Accounting Software - article by Chris Bernard, The NonProfit Times
- How Non-Profit Organizations Can Harness the Power of QuickBooks – article by Growthforce
- Tax Information for Charities and Other Nonprofits - tax information for nonprofits
- New Mexico Attorney General's Charities Unit - links to form, register and file annual reports with the state; statutes governing charitable organizations; other resources
- Staying in Compliance with the NM Charitable Solicitations Act - webinar presented by Assistant Attorney General
- Guidestar - financial information, news and trainings for nonprofits
- Resources for Nonprofit Financial Management - articles on different areas of financial management, website by The Wallace Foundation
- Nonprofit Finance Fund - provides technical assistance and loans to nonprofits undertaking capital projects
- Stay Exempt - virtual workshops and resources by the IRS