Communications & Marketing
Impact & Coffee is the premier place for nonprofit professionals, volunteers, board members, funders, and community stakeholders alike to gather in an...
Impact & Coffee (I & C) develops nonprofit entrepreneurs by giving them a sounding board to express concerns and struggles associated with their specific...
We've included many resources here to help nonprofits strengthen your communication and marketing efforts.
- PolicyTool for Social Media - generates a customized policy based on answers to an online questionnaire.
- Blogging and social media policy - sample policy by About.com
- Internet and email policy - sample policy by About.com
- Create a Communication Plan - toolkit by Energy Star
- The Communications Toolkit - guide to communications for nonprofits by Cause Communications
- The Nonprofit Social Media Decision Guide - workbook to assist with evaluating appropriate social media channels for your organization by Idealware and Balance Interactive
- Using Social Media to Meet Nonprofit Goals: The Results of a Survey - report by Idealware
- A Few Good Online Conferencing Tools - article by Laura S. Quinn and Kyle Henri Andrei providing information on various options for online conferencing
- Measuring The Networked Nonprofit - book by Beth Kanter and Katie Delahaye Paine ($)
- The Networked Nonprofit - book by Beth Kanter and Allison Fine ($)
Email Marketing Software
- A Few Good Broadcast Email Tools - article by Laura S. Quinn, Idealware
- Email Marketing Software Review 2014 - review by Tech Media Network
- Sample Press Release for Nonprofit - article by Joanne Fritz, About.com
- 8 Principles for Writing a Nonprofit Press Release - article by Meredith Janke, CauseVox
- How to Write a Non-Profit Press Release - article by Berkley Center for Religion, Peace & World Affairs, Georgetown University
- 4 Easy Steps to Promoting Your Organization - artcile by Alyson H. Ball, BoardsThatExcel.com
- Beth's Blog - blog about nonprofits using Social Media to power change
- Charityhowto.com - social media webinars and training videos
- Change.org - grassroots advocacy petitions and tools
- Idealist - information on nonprofit careers, volunteering, events and resources
- Causes.com - create grassroots community causes and engage donors and volunteers
- Global Giving - fundraising site that gives nonprofits worldwide a chance to raise money Charities Review Council - sample documents and policies