Dates Volunteer is Needed:
Second Monday of Each Month
Description of the Volunteer Opportunity:
A Girls on the Run Board Member must possess a passion for, and commitment to,
improving the lives and opportunities of girls in Central NM The program provides a safe and interactive way to learn about healthy living which includes an introduction and education on important topics such as goal-setting,
cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a 5K event.
Board Member Responsiblities:
• Regularly attends Board meetings and related important meetings
• Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in Board work by serving on at least one committee
• Stays informed about committee matters, prepares her/himself well for meetings
• Gets to know other committee members and builds collegial working relationship
• Is active in committees, annual evaluation, and planning efforts
• Participates in fundraising for the organization
Who Will Be Impacted Through This Project:
Our program currently serves approximately 100 girls in 3rd-5th grade in Bernalillo and Valencia counties at a series of after school program sites.
Is This an Ongoing Opportunity?: